FTP problem.

Deadly Assassins 15:55 08 Feb 04

My mate gave me a an FTP account for me to put my site on his site. He gave me the details i needed to upload the website files but i cant make a connection. whys that.

Eric10 16:00 08 Feb 04

If this is free webspace provided by a particular ISP then it is often only accessible from a dialup account of the same ISP. Is your ISP the same as your friend's?

Deadly Assassins 16:32 08 Feb 04

no. My ISP is NTL hes is BT. He bought his own site. soon i will do the same thing but i was going to test how my site will come out. Ive been using dreamweaver mx and leap ftp. none of them i cant login. need some help.

Diodorus Siculus 16:37 08 Feb 04

Double check that you have the correct username / password combinations.

Deadly Assassins 16:40 08 Feb 04

all correct. its the connection i think.

Sheila-214876 16:43 08 Feb 04

If he has his own domain name then he should have a Site Name, a Host Address, a User ID and a Password. If he hasn't given you this info then you are not going to be able to upload to this site.

Deadly Assassins 16:47 08 Feb 04

hes given me all three. host, name and password.

Sheila-214876 17:22 08 Feb 04

Do you want to give me that information and I will try to upload something and see if it works. I use CuteFtp. If you are happy with that email me the details. If not, just say "NO".

Deadly Assassins 17:24 08 Feb 04

no, im usin Cuteftp aswell. still no connection

hugh-265156 17:39 08 Feb 04

configure your firewall to allow cftppro.exe internet access.

check your password.will be case sensitive.

check site manager/right click site/properties/type set to "ftp standard protocall" "port 21" "auto detect server type" "auto transfer type" "not encrypted" "data connection use global settings"

check options and set "use global settings for all" "dont use proxy" dont use socks"

Deadly Assassins 17:45 08 Feb 04

where do i find cftppro.exe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…