FTP Graphic File

pinballmad 21:51 04 Nov 04

I got a lot of picture on a CD which is taking to long to down load on to a webpage that can use and footpic.net said if you got loads of images you can do it via FTP but I don't know how to do it they have given me account details but I don't know how to start becasue I got two cd to do before friday on freeserve/Wanadoo also any good freeware software for FTP

ThNKS

Newuser3443 22:23 04 Nov 04

Are you running XP home?

User-312386 22:45 04 Nov 04
  pinballmad 22:45 04 Nov 04

No I 'm usig window 98se

Newuser3443 22:51 04 Nov 04

Shame.....Dead easy to set up on XP without an third party software.

pinballmad 23:02 04 Nov 04

I never use a ftp before and i'm not sure if freesere has a ftp site or Wanadoo now.

i just downloaded ACEFTP 3 freeware version.

This is information from fotopic.net

To upload via FTP, you will need to use the following setting with your FTP client:

Username
Password
FTP Server
If you don't have FTP client to use you should publishg your through your web browser or obstain a software for FTP

cdb 23:18 04 Nov 04

I did this last night.
Use wise_ftp from one of the recent pca cover discs.
You need you email and password as given to photopic.net Then set up a new connection on wise_ftp

I put profile name as potopic.net
Hostname as click here
port ftp
user name as your email adress on potopic
password as password used on potopic
and that was it.
Connect to potopic on wise_ftp, then drag and drop the files you want. Then on potopic you'll find the files waiting to be published to your gallery, so publish them and they'll appear. ;)

cdb 23:19 04 Nov 04

Hope you can decypher that, the formatting has been stripped. :@

pinballmad 23:56 04 Nov 04

Sorry I need the information in basic english can't understand your way

I also download wide ftp as well now

cdb 19:01 05 Nov 04

If you had wise_ftp open in front of you that was basic english, it just looks complicated because this forum stripped the formatting from everything being on a separate line to it all being on one line. :-S
Chances are those settings apply to wide ftp as well, you just need to work out which boxes they go in. ;)

pinballmad 19:34 05 Nov 04

I need more help please anyone one.

othing sem to be working and I had a look at the help pages which does confuse me more>

I magage to get this internet page of ftpfotopic.net blank but try copy the image does not help and I tried it on wis_ftp and nothing is moving

Any idea of help please

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017