FTP Connection Problem - Going Round in Circles!

Charlie Babbage 14:41 21 Jun 06

Yesterday I installed Cute FTP Home and managed to connect to my freespace area with Virgin.net, first time without a problem.

Today, when I try to connect, I get a dialog box headed 'upload.virgin.net: 21' which shows my username but the password box is blank. I insert the password, click ok but then the same dialog box appears again!

It is similar if I use IE v 6.0 and enter the address click here. A 'Log On As' dialog box appears. I enter my user name and password, click ok but then the same dialog box apears again.

I have not made any changes to my computer since installing Cute FTP and testing that last night.

Any assitance in curing this annoying problem would be much appreciated.

Graham ® 14:54 21 Jun 06

I'm sure you haven't forgotten the password, just wondered what this program would reveal
click here

sheila.weston 15:45 21 Jun 06

Just a suggestion - try reinstalling CUTE ftp again and repeating the connection procedure. I did this with WS_FTP and now have two programs installed which connect to my two websites.

Charlie Babbage 16:43 21 Jun 06

... the problem has now resolved itself! I guess there may have been a problem at the Virgin.net end

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…