FTP Connection

handful 10:36 14 Aug 05

I have had a website for some years, hosted by Freeola and update it using WS_FTP95 LE, connected by an old 'modem dial-up connection'. Although it isn't a major issue using this payg for the short amount of time it takes to upload updates, is it possible to connect using my Tiscali broadband connection? If I try to connect from my usual, always on connection I get a 530 authentication failure. Any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 11:17 14 Aug 05

What ISP do you use as PAYG? If tiscali, then check that the correct details are entered for the BB connection.

handful 07:41 15 Aug 05

My Dial-up connection is with Freeola so I'm assuming I have to connect with this so that my userid and password allow access to my webspace. (sorry for the delay in responding, I didn't get the email telling me I had a reply!)

Diodorus Siculus 08:09 15 Aug 05

Often cheaper webhosting packages want you to connect using their dial up connections; that is likely the case with Freeola.

handful 11:27 15 Aug 05

Ok DS, I will probably just have to put up with it. I have to say though, In all other respects Freeola are very good and offer free spam filtering on their email as well. Many thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…