FTP confusion - trying to publish for 1st time

polenta 16:01 22 Mar 06

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. I am trying to publish a website for the first time and I am getting very confused and am most likely being very very stupid.

I have wanadoo broadband and with this get some some free web space, which I'd like to use.

I've tried using their FTP site builder, but am getting completely stuck and their Help doesn't help.

Is it best to download FTP software and if so what information do I need from Wanadoo?

I am really sorry if these questions are confused or just so simple it hurts, but any assistance would be more than welcome.

beynac 16:14 22 Mar 06

Go to the Wanadoo website: click here and click on the link near the bottom of the page :"Creating your own website". Follow the link to "How can I get Terrapin FTP", download Terrapin and install it. Then go back into the Wanadoo website and click on the link "How do I set up Terrapin FTP" which explains the settings you need to connect to your website.

polenta 16:17 22 Mar 06

beynac thanks so much for responding so quickly. I will follow your instructions. I have created the website with FrontPage, does this make any difference?

polenta 16:02 23 Mar 06

Forum member, John, thanks so much for your help. I haven't used any special features, but should I be wary of using freespace through wanadoo?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…