ftp access

123joey123 15:58 03 Jun 07

I have been happily using kdinternet to host my web site using Serif
click here
Now I have to go on a Company siye and they have given me click here
and told me to check access on the new server but all I get is an error message.
They provide a user name and password as well.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Forum Editor 16:30 03 Jun 07

Are you saying that your site is no longer hosted on your previous server? If that's the case, where is it hosted? The link on the main Rotary site is to your previous domain name.

Why do you need FTP access to the Rotary server location?

Perhaps you could explain the situation in more detail - I'm sure I'll be able to help, once I have my head around what's happened.

mco 17:05 03 Jun 07

perhaps the main Rotary people at click here are wanting everyone to upload their sites to their space - if you go on this page click here
a couple of the sites are are subdomains of rotary 1120 dot org.

123joey123 09:18 04 Jun 07

Wht has happened is that all web sites will be hosted by the District site
eg.www,rotary.org/isle-of-thanet
I just can't get into their site with the information given

Forum Editor 00:35 05 Jun 07

So, presumably thay have provided you with an FTP address, a username, and a password?

That's the usual procedure. If you're going to upload your site files I imagine they will have set you up with a directory on the server. If they are going to host all the Rotary sites centrally then they'll create a folder for each one. The main site will then contain links into the index pages for each site.

If you feel like sending me the login information you've been given I'll take a look, and let you know exactly what to do. I'll treat the information in the strictest confidence, but I'll quite understand if you would rather I didn't get involved. Either way, post back to confirm that what I said about the new system was right, and we'll go from there.

Forum Editor 17:00 05 Jun 07

in which you gave your FTP login details - it's not a good idea to publish that information in a public web forum.

I've saved the information however, and I'll take a look at the server later this evening. Watch this space.

Forum Editor 23:46 05 Jun 07

but I didn't get time tonight - I'll try to do something tomorrow.

joe11ee 09:39 06 Jun 07

great article, thanks for sharing it.
-------------------------
download movie zune
click here

123joey123 09:56 06 Jun 07

Thanks for help.All is solved now. They apologised for giving me the wrong code.Http should have been click here't think why I didn;t think of it,but thanbks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…