FTP and 4images - wont delete folders

fourjays 15:04 01 Apr 05

Hi
I have trouble like this before, and couldn't find a way to solve it (on another website). I installed 4images (4homepages.de), and now I want to uninstall it, as I am updating my website. I have deleted the mysql table entries, and have removed most of the folders using both an FTP program, and my web hosts 'web ftp'. However, some folders refuse to be deleted. Everytime I try to delete them, the FTP program reports that access i denied. I have had this problem with another web site, on a different web host, so it seems to be something that this 4images thing has done.

How can I delete it?

Matt45 17:17 01 Apr 05

If you're getting access denied errors using FTP and the hosting has cPanel, then login to it and delete the folders from within the File Manager that the control panel has. This works for accounts on the server I own when I get access denied error messages.

fourjays 21:32 01 Apr 05

The WebFTP IS the hosts file manager.

I have renamed it to 'delete' for now. My sister says that the one on her account (that did the same too) eventually disappeared.

Ill use it as a recycle bin for now. :p

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…