FSB - too high or too low? amd athlon 1.1ghz 66mhz

second best 02:32 06 Feb 03

ok, as above. i have had a long running problem with my comp locking up for over a year now, but the prob seem to lessen quite substantially if i reduce my cpu clock to 850mhz, instead of the intended 1.1 (1133mhz). the temp at 1.1 can rise to above 60* but is quite stable at 850, but still around 50* (too high). i have just noticed, using some software (mad onion), that the FSB of my CPU is 66mhz, while my mobo is 133 x 2 (266mhz) is this likely to cause a problem. i'm thinking that the mobo is demanding too much from the cpu and this in turn is causing the overheating and the lockups!!! what do you think? i have taken my system to 2 diff comp vendors, and they can't find anything wrong with it. they have both suggested i upgrade using new components which i have already considered anyway.

AndySD 07:42 06 Feb 03

The Athlon 1.1 has a 200 fsb so it should be set to 100 unless you are using DDR Ram. If it is then the clock multiplier for the Motherboard may be set incorrectly. On the other hand perhaps a larger fan is needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…