FSB Spread Spectrum in bios

pookie 09:43 21 Dec 04

hi all

asus a7n8x-x mobo, 3 ghz barton, 1 gb ddr, x800pro graphics, windows xp home. pc used for games like hl2, doom 3, etc.

i asked this in a forum some time ago but just as an update what is your FSB Spread Spectrum setting in bios. my options are 0.5 1.0 or disabled. mine is at 0.5 but i've read that unless you overclock cpu that you should set it to disabled to greatly improve performance. is this right? any thoughts before i do something i might regret?

many thanks as always.

pookie 15:32 21 Dec 04

bump :-)

dan 11 16:26 21 Dec 04

It should not make a lot of difference as it been set at at 0.5. All it does is reduce the fsb (EMI) slightly to iron out any spikes from the cpu.

Setting it at disabled will increase the fsb to it's full speed, but by an extra 5%,so it may appear to run the games slightly faster?

You should not have any problems, if you set yours to disable. If the games start to lock up, just reset it to 5%.

My FSB SS is set to disabled.

pookie 09:03 22 Dec 04

thanks a million dan and have a great christmas

dan 11 20:29 22 Dec 04

Hope you have a great Christmas also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…