FSB settings

xania 12:19 14 Jul 05

I have just installed a new motherboard & CPU for my wife - not for the first time, but this was a pretty major step forward for her. All went according to plan except that, when I tested the machine, my new Sempron 2400+ was only showing up as 1000 Mhz. Having checked all the documentation (both mobo & CPU before starting) and finding no reference to the FSB rating on either, I had assumed (wrongly) that the default (200 MHz) would work. But it now seems that my CPU runs at 333 MHz, and according to the technical advice at the vendor, I should have know this before I started. OK, may I should and maybe not, but I am a semi-pro in IT and yet I didn't. So, the bottom line is - is this something I should know, and if so where can I get the information to keep for future use?

Completealias 12:45 14 Jul 05

If you brought a retail chip then it should say the FSB settings in the documentation with the chip or on the box, at least I should think so.

Theres always google and looking on the manufacturers website as well, I guess it is good practice to check that you know all the neceesary information before you start.

belt&braces 13:10 14 Jul 05

Hi xania

have a look at this click here
some one with the same problem, it may help you to sort it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…