FS Flightsim 2002/2004

krall 21:11 29 Aug 04

I have FS Terrain(Justflight) installed and wondered if installing VFR Terrain (Horizon) as well would cause any problems, seeing that both are terrain enhancements. Any comments appreciated.

Valvegrid 21:16 29 Aug 04

Flight Sim have a good forum, it maybe worth asking them click here

It is a very busy site, so you may have to pick your times, i usually try first thing in the morning before they wake up across the pond.

GlynH 21:25 29 Aug 04

I don't have either packages, but I will make a suggestion - though I may be incorrect. I have FS2k2 but I don't know if this will follow for FS9 ACOF.

The scenery library in FS is basically a hierachical list of each scenery area you have installed. The top most scenery (no 1) has priority of any scenery below it and will be the one displayed. For Example:

You have two scenery areas for Leeds Bradford Airport, A and B. If A is at no.1 in the library and B is at no.2, scenery A will take priority (B will be ignored) and A will be the one displayed.

If B was at no.20 and A was at No.25 then A would be ignored and scenery B would be displayed.

I think terrain meshes are treated the same, so if you have both selected to be 'active' in the library, there must always be one that is higher than the other in the list and will always be used.

Obviously, if they cover different regions then each will be displayed for those regions.

I don't know too much about the packages so I don't know what the 'join' in the scenery would be like if 'met' somewhere. Also, I don't knowif they use any other resource that may conflict in FS, though I would assume not as they appear only to be scenery enhancements.

I hope this helps.

krall 23:00 29 Aug 04

Thanks Valvegrid, Flightsim.com seems a good site to check up.
GlynH, again many thanks for directing me to the scenery library,I agree with your comments and will let you know the outcome asap. Incidently, installing FS Terrain transforms the ground detail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced