fs 9 uninstall?

muddypaws 12:08 24 Aug 05

When I try to un-install FS 2004 from the CD it shows ' Initialising un-install'. It remains like that for an hour or so ( that's the longest I have left it before getting fed up!) Task manager shows fs9 not responding. Is this correct. I have to say that when I try and run fs9 after aborting the uninstall it is unable to find some files so I assume something has been cleared. The hard drive is working during the attempt. I do a goback to get all fs9 back. If I try via add/remove or via all programmes it doesn't respond at all.Reason for wanting un-install is that there are a few minor errors in it. I un-installed successfully about 8 months ago in about 10 mins.
Any observations please.

Diodorus Siculus 12:41 24 Aug 05

Do you have the disk with which to reinstall the application; something has gone wrong with the uninstall procedure.

muddypaws 14:11 24 Aug 05

Yes I do have the disc. As I said above using thatto un install is when it appears to hang.

Diodorus Siculus 15:21 24 Aug 05

Sorry, misread what you said.

Have you tried a reinstall of the program before trying to uninstall?

muddypaws 16:40 24 Aug 05

No I haven't tried that. I would feel a bit wary doing so in case it messes it up, then being un able to un-install. I use it a lot. What puzzles me is it is obviously removing some files prior to me aborting. During un-install is it usual for task manager to say ' not responding'? Perhaps I should just let it run and see what happens.

Diodorus Siculus 16:57 24 Aug 05

What do you mean by "messes it up"? Seems to be messed up already!

I don't see that a reinstall should negatively impact on the program...

muddypaws 18:35 24 Aug 05

It isn't actually messed up at the moment--just a couple of minor problems at certain configs. 80% of the time it is Ok. Just thought a re-install would cure it, but it doesn't want to do it as easy as last time. I will try an install over the top. As I asked in my last post is it normal for task manager to say ' fs9 is not responding' when it is 'initialising un-install'?
Does TM say that for any programme being un-installed?

PA28 09:44 25 Aug 05

Have you installed the 9.1 update patch? If you have, try removing that first from Control Panel - Add/Remove programs. Similarly, any add -ons that you may have purchased. Once all have been removed, then go for 2004 itself.

PA28 09:45 25 Aug 05

Have you installed the 9.1 update patch? If you have, try removing that first from Control Panel - Add/Remove programs. Similarly, any add -ons that you may have purchased. Once all have been removed, then go for 2004 itself.

PA28 09:52 25 Aug 05

Bit of a problem with posting this morning - hence double entry. I have contacted FE.

muddypaws 12:03 25 Aug 05

PA28. No I haven't got the patch. I do have a lot of downloads though. I may delete those aircraft first and then try. I have them all on zip. Perhaps you can answer the question I have posed above. When a programme is being un-installed is it normal for Task Manager to say that that programme is not responding. If it is normal then I will just let the un-install continue and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…