FS 2000 freezes after a fixed time

timothywilliam 20:54 06 Aug 03

I run Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 on XP, and have been doing so successfully for about 18 months now.
Starting a few weeks ago whilst flying for about 20 minutes the programme now freezes after a command or key action and has to be terminated. I notice that it is always about this time period.
It crosses my mind that 20 minutes is the time set for my Internet to disconnect if unused but I cannot imagine this would start to interfere with FS, and recently I installed Office 2000.
Any flying folk any suggestions please ?

t_o_m 21:13 06 Aug 03

I'm not too sure on this. You said that your internet disconnects after about 20 mins - it could be that your modem is not disconnecting properly and that your computer is using up all of its resources to try and disconnect it. I would try reinstalling your modem driver but I don't think it would make a lot of difference.

PS: do you have any other versions of flight simulator? I have got 95, 98, 2002 and 2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…