FS 2000 freezes after a fixed time

timothywilliam 20:54 06 Aug 03

I run Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 on XP, and have been doing so successfully for about 18 months now.
Starting a few weeks ago whilst flying for about 20 minutes the programme now freezes after a command or key action and has to be terminated. I notice that it is always about this time period.
It crosses my mind that 20 minutes is the time set for my Internet to disconnect if unused but I cannot imagine this would start to interfere with FS, and recently I installed Office 2000.
Any flying folk any suggestions please ?

t_o_m 21:13 06 Aug 03

I'm not too sure on this. You said that your internet disconnects after about 20 mins - it could be that your modem is not disconnecting properly and that your computer is using up all of its resources to try and disconnect it. I would try reinstalling your modem driver but I don't think it would make a lot of difference.

PS: do you have any other versions of flight simulator? I have got 95, 98, 2002 and 2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…