//some 3rd party need geo

Frustrating problem

montyburns 13:12 17 Dec 03

I am encountering a problem which occurs routinely but not all the time.

It seems to happen on PHPBB style bulletin boards, but also happens on Google search page. I can load the header pages for these sites and they appear as normal, with the right formatting and boxes etc. Then if I go one page forward and then hit "back", instead of a normal display I get something like this

General page style. The scroll bar colours only visible in IE5.5+ */ body { background-color: #E5E5E5; scrollbar-face-color: #DEE3E7; scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF; scrollbar-shadow-color: #DEE3E7; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #D1D7DC; scrollbar-arrow-color: #006699; scrollbar-track-color: #EFEFEF; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #98AAB1; } /* General font families for common tags */ font,th,td,p { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif } a:link,a:active,a:visited { color : #006699; } a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color : #DD6900; } hr { height: 0px; border: solid #D1D7DC 0px; border-top-width: 1px;} /* This is the border line & background colour round the entire page */ .bodyline { background-color: #FFFFFF; border: 1px #98AAB1 solid; } /* This is the outline round the main forum tables */ .forumline { background-color: #FFFFFF; border: 2px #006699 solid; } /* Main table cell colours and backgrounds */ td.row1 { background-color: #EFEFEF; } td.row2

which I assume is HTML code? If I reload the page from favourites or whatever, no probs, it's back to normal?

Anyone got any idea what could be causing this?

Cheers

keith-236785 13:53 17 Dec 03

goto tools/internet options/ advanced, and restore defaults.

dont know if it will do any good, but worth a try.

security & privacy, should both be set on Medium (default setting). if they are higher, try altering them and try again.

good luck.

p.s you dont say, but have you any other security running i.e cookie alert, spy watchers, anti virus, firewall etc. is your windows up to date with latest updates?

montyburns 23:57 17 Dec 03

Hi, thanks for the idea paperman.

Tried what you suggested and it's still happening.

Yes, I have spy watchers and anti virus and a firewall.

But not got all Windows updates. I'm on XP and find they take forever to download. Found some on a CD once and installed them and the whole system went wappy!!

keith-236785 13:51 18 Dec 03

sorry mate, dont know the answer to this one.

you could try disabling your spy watcher and firewall, BUT NOT YOUR ANTI-VIRUS just temporarily to see if it makes a difference.

just think back, did this always happen or just since installing something?

if since installing something or it has just started, then try system restore to a point before it happened.

you could also try "system file checker",
click start/run and type sfc /scannow [note the space after sfc], (you will need the xp disc in the drive). takes a while but it checks and replaces lost or corrupt files.

other than that, im stuck

good luck anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…