Frozen windows!

dr_adders 21:38 07 Aug 06

Hi. Everytime i power i up my laptop, it will get to the desktop screen and then not do anything. if i move the mouse over the start button there is constantly an hour glass.

When i restart it using the power button and enter safe mode, i can fix the problem by using system restore, but then as soon i shutdown and restart, the same problem occurs.

it has got to the point where system restore is now taking longer and longer to restore!!

Any suggestions please???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:45 07 Aug 06

One of your start up programs or services is failing to start and hogging the CPU hence the hour glass rather than a total freeze.

press Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up task manager and see if a program is "Not responding"

dr_adders 22:55 07 Aug 06

pressing ctrl alt del does not bring anything up. i'm quite sure you're correct but ive no idea how to work out which program it is... any other ideas? anything that i can do with safe mode?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple