Frozen screen

Doberman 14:24 16 Sep 09

My computer was acting ok until this morning until I tried to attach a file from my pictures to an e-mail.I clicked attach file and when I clicked browse to go to my pictures the egg timer stayed onscreen and I could not proceed or exit the program.I had to switch the computer off with the power button.I have defragged the drive but after 2/3 more attempts the problem remains.I notice that yahoo mail has been given a bit of a facelift recently,could this be the problem?

nob14 14:41 16 Sep 09

Possibly, try Hotmail, but bear in mind the limit on most files is 10Mb.

I usually right click the file and then send to and select mail.

You can usually close things by pressing CTRL ALT and DEL together to bring up task manager.

ashleycardwell94 00:52 17 Sep 09

it might be that the computer is searching for a certain item in that folder, where i use a computer on a commercial premises, if an con hasnt sohwn up propperly the start menu will frezq for a wgile and then load all of the icons, this is normaly caused by a shortcut to an appliation that is sometimes not installed on a certain location but as a security police, it is there as a master install

ashleycardwell94 00:52 17 Sep 09

it might be that the computer is searching for a certain item in that folder, where i use a computer on a commercial premises, if an con hasnt sohwn up propperly the start menu will frezq for a wgile and then load all of the icons, this is normaly caused by a shortcut to an appliation that is sometimes not installed on a certain location but as a security police, it is there as a master install

Doberman 09:40 01 Oct 09

turned out to be to much stuff in the toolbar( Yahoo mail,Google etc).Thanks to nob14 and Ashleycardwell94

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos