frozen screen

toonfireman1 00:15 01 May 04

I am on XP pro. norton AV which is up to date.
I keep get a frozen screen it has beeen happening for the last two weeks but is getting worse.
Any ideas?

Sir Radfordin 00:21 01 May 04

Good starting point would be to check the event log from within the control panel and see if there is anything there.

My version of NAV doesn't seem to like me disturbing it if the screensaver kicks in and can give the impression of having gone wrong.

What version you using?

toonfireman1 00:32 01 May 04

I am unsure how to do what you advice and what am I looking for?

johnnyrocker 00:35 01 May 04

right click my computer from desktop and select manage then you have access to all of your system info select even viewer and applications which will tell you what went wrong and when.

toonfireman1 12:27 01 May 04

It says application error and systems error,
What does that mean, it still keeps frozen up.

Diodorus Siculus 12:35 01 May 04

When the machine freezes, try ctrl_alt_del and see if a program there is listed as not responding. It may give you a clue as to what is wrong.

toonfireman1 12:39 01 May 04

It is frozen so how do I excess the manager, it will only turn of at the power source.

Nellie2 12:59 02 May 04

what are you doing when you get a system hang, does it always happen at the same point?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…