//some 3rd party need geo

Frozen Laptop

berwick 10:47 04 Jun 03

I have a laptop from Mesh which, after only 10 or so minutes work, freezes the entire computer. I can still see the screen image (including the mouse pointer), but the keyboard and mouse do not work at all and my only option is the power off button. Help!

spikeychris 13:57 04 Jun 03

Operating system is rather important with this one!

PA28 14:03 04 Jun 03

Is this an external mouse (PS2, USB?) or a built in mousepad? Does the freeze occur without anything (including mice, usb drives, etc)connected to the laptop? As spikeychris says, OS is important - as is the age of the machine.

berwick 08:51 05 Jun 03

The laptop is currently running on Mircosoft Millennium and was purchased about 3 years ago.
The problem occurs whether the external (PS2) mouse is connected or not.

PA28 20:28 05 Jun 03

Hmmm. First thought, if there are no other symptoms, is a clean reinstall. However, refresh and back to the top for other ideas....

The Spires 20:30 05 Jun 03

Did you install/uninstall anthing around the time the freezes began?

berwick 08:08 06 Jun 03

Not sure about new installations. I'll try a clean reinstall as PA28 suggests.

graham√ 08:48 06 Jun 03

Look for a small hole near the power socket. Some laptops have a reset there using a pin.

berwick 08:09 20 Jun 03

Reinstalled laptop and it's been working with no problems for a couple of weeks now - Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…