Frontpage XP + Freeserve Webspace

poogles_uk 12:09 07 May 04

In Frontpage XP i want to create a questionnaire, this isn't the problem, i then want to host it on either my geocities site or my freeserve webspace, and i want to be able to set the results up to either be email to me, or more prefferebly to a txt document on the webspace.

How do i do this?

Thanks

Sam

woodbexhill 17:11 07 May 04

I'm not experienced with Frontpage, but I might be correct in saying this is possible with the aid of Front Page Extensions. You'd have to ask for more info, or perhaps do some research on Google.

It is possible for the results of a form to be mailed to you, and this is usually done by some basic PHP Coding (in which case you'll need a php enabled web host - I, too, am on Wanadoo (Previously Freeserve) and as far as I know their hosting does not have PHP nor Front Page Extensions installed. I think however, Geocities may have PHP.

The other alternative is a CGI-Script which can email the results of the form, too.

I seem to vaguely remember being able to email the results of a form without using CGI or PHP but it's such a long time since I've done any web design that I can't actually remember if and how I did it.

In my opionion, though, your best bet is to get some PHP enabled webspace and use a simple script.

Forum Editor 17:50 07 May 04

on a Windows server with the FrontPage extensions installed before you can use the enhanced facilities in FrontPage. Then you'll be able to design your form and get it to send you the results via email, or save them in a file on the server so you can retrieve them, or both.

poogles_uk 20:32 07 May 04

Hmmm, how can i get round this?

I dont have broadband, hmm more research needed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…