FrontPage Run-Time Component Page

spikeychris 17:06 03 Feb 04

Re: click here turns out that NTL don't support M$ extensions...this after me asking a mate? I know who works for them (he said they did)

If you try to add a comment to the site you get >>

You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

IIS doesn't recognise my site and I haven't a clue how to add it. Is it a case of giving up on the guest book without FPE.

Chris

Taran 17:29 03 Feb 04

Does your hosting account have ASP, PHP and/or database support ?

If so you could always knock up an ASP/Access or PHP/MySQL guestbook or you could use a pre-configured script that does not require FrontPage extensions.

click here

click here

spikeychris 18:31 03 Feb 04

Sorry Taran, just got back in. My host is click here I dont have a clue if they have ASP, PHP and/or database support but I'll give one of the scripts a go.

Ta mate

Chris

Taran 19:13 03 Feb 04

What is your account with 1&1 ?

You get home packages, business packages and so on and they all have different options and features.

Just for the record, I have found 1&1 to be very efficient and helpful.

spikeychris 19:24 03 Feb 04

Pains me to say it Mr T but I just filled the form. It will of been the basic one as the price was I think about 8 quid a year inc VAT.

Sound like a mark don't I ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…