Frontpage query

xf 21:01 01 Jun 03

I use Frontpage 2002. For some inexplicable reason my homepage will suddenly not update, even though the other pages, when changes are made on my website do. I've had my site for 2 years and this problem has just occurred. Before uploading when I preview, it looks as though my new info has been accepted but when it's uploaded the homepage still has the old info, and I don't know why this has suddenly started to happen.

Any help would be appreciated

Valvegrid 21:06 01 Jun 03

I'm no expert on Front Page, although I use it at work, but I did have a similar problem when I didn't save before uploading.

Why not try a posting on the WebDesign on this site? Use the Jump to button.

Paul.

Legolas 21:45 01 Jun 03

Normally frontpage will not let you upload till you have saved any changes, sometimes the problem lies with your web host which might take a while to upload any changes.

Valvegrid 21:50 01 Jun 03

Our one at work will let you upload without saving, but it's on an intranet in a large organisation, so maybe the rules are different.

Forum Editor 00:36 02 Jun 03

on the server version of a site in FrontPage the act of saving actually uploads the file changes. You're saving the changes to the file location, which is the web server that hosts your site.

If you are working on a local copy of your site then saving changes merely saves them back to the hard drive copy - the 'live' server version will not be affected. To register the changes on the server you must use FrontPages 'publish' command, and publish the changed pages to the server. Don't forget to save the files to your local version as well, or you'll have out-of-sync copies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…