frontpage loses microsoft support

toddymax 09:35 01 Apr 06

Help. I've just been talking to a web hosting company to ask if they supported Frontpage 2003 extensions. They told me that microsoft will not be supporting this package with their new platform out later this year. Does anyone know what this is all about please

Forum Editor 09:49 01 Apr 06

to software called Microsoft Expression, which is the new-generation Microsoft web design application, coming at some point in the second half of this year (my guess would be in the autumn).

Don't let it worry you - your FrontPage 2003 site will still work just as well, and if that particular host doesn't want to help I suggest that you go to one that will - most good hosts will happily offer you FP extensions as a matter of course.

toddymax 11:03 01 Apr 06

Thanks for that. Without naming the company I have to say I was rather surprised at their response as they are a big player. I have spent a lot of time trying to get to find a suitable web hosting company with telephone support and UK server. There's a lot of hype out there and I could really do with looking at some reviews but can't find much that is particulary independent of a sponsored link! Anyone got suggestions? I'm looking to run a number of sites so may be looking to move to a reseller account in the future - but not to start with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac