FrontPage 2003 and xhtml attributes

Simon_P 01:05 20 Nov 04

When using auto thumbnail FrontPage inserts the xthumbnail-orig-image= “filename. jpg” attribute, which does not validate with xhtml changing this is a little long winded.

Is it possible to set FrontPage to insert the “id=” attribute by default?

Requires attribute is id=”filename. jpg”

Also is it possible to set FrontPage to automatically add the alt=”” tag rather than having to put it in manually? This would enable only having to add the text. However this is not a major issue.

TIA

Simon

Forum Editor 08:28 20 Nov 04

but it doesn't have any XHTML-specific features. If you want to code in XHTML you'll need to ensure that all tags and attributes are entered in lower case:-

Go to Tools, click on 'Page Options', and click the Code Formatting tab. Make sure that the following check boxes are selected:

Tag names are lowercase
Attribute names are lowercase

End tags are required, so make sure that the 'Omit end tags' check box is deselected.

Simon_P 19:38 20 Nov 04

FE

Thank you, Everything works ok and will validate if I manually change it to id="filename.jpg" etc.

fourm member

I am using transitional, As you say I probably don’t need to go the whole hog, but on a personal note I feel that if I go to the trouble of using xhtml then I may as well do it properly (just one of my quirks)

I do test my site in as many browsers as possible and so far haven’t come across any badly displayed pages.

I didn’t know about "find and replace" thanks I will try that.

Simon

Simon_P 23:31 20 Nov 04

Find & Replace works a treat. Nice one thanks

Simon_P 17:34 21 Nov 04

Yes that is very true, ment to tick this one oops forgot.

Thanks again

Simon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009