Frontpage 2003 and xhtml

Simon_P 18:34 04 Sep 04

I read an article on the WC3 site that implied that html 4.01 will be phased out or that WC3 are going to stop support for it, I may have misunderstood the point.
I can’t find the article that I read and forgot to save the page (silly)

I am currently using FP 2002, and will be looking to upgrade at some point, firstly I like FP for its ease of use, although it does seem to have a stigma attached to it from some users. I have found it to be very good and has many good features.

Maybe it is time that I tried something more technical, but that would require a lot of learning, that is not a major issue but I have limited available time.

My question is basically simple though is xhtml possible with FP 2003 or would I need to use a different editor?

Forum Editor 19:21 04 Sep 04

XHTML (Extensible Hypertext Markup Language) is one of the first markup languages defined using XML.

W3C is a consortium of commercial and educational institutions that oversees research and promotes standards in all areas related to the World Wide Web.

XHTML extends HTML 4, providing more interoperability for Web documents. For instance, XHTML documents can use scripts that rely on either the HTML or the XML document object models. While FrontPage 2003 has no specific XHTML features, it does support XHTML. By default the FrontPage 2003 settings are correct for working with XHTML. However, if you have customised them in any way, you should change them so that they conform to the XHTML standards.

To ensure the values are set correctly, on the Tools menu, click "Page Options", and then click the Code Formatting tab. XHTML requires that you create all tags and attributes by using lowercase characters. Therefore, you should ensure that the following check boxes are selected:

1. Tag names are lowercase

2. Attribute names are lowercase

On the Code Formatting tab, ensure that the "Omit end tags" check box is deselected because end tags are required.

After you've checked these settings you'll be fine with XHTML in FP2003

Simon_P 19:33 04 Sep 04

That answers my question

I haven’t yet got FP 2003 and xhtml is something I would do over the winter when it’s wet and dark, I’m just looking ahead a little, I just wanted to check before I put my hand in my pocket.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…