Frontpage 2003 - how do i?

hargranules 23:33 02 Sep 06

Am doing a website for a friend using frontpage and have a few little problems

Each time i make a picture thumbnail it makes it bevel - obviously something in my default settings but cannot work it out?

Also i need to attach a label to thumbnail picture - if i click on the text button on picture toolbar it puts it on top of picture and i cannot move it. Is there a way of just putting label next to picture

How do i create a drop - down menu / hyper links - ie if i hover over services a list of services appear that i can click on?

Any help would be appreciated!!

STREETWORK 07:38 03 Sep 06

on the last point, this is done using a 'script'. Do a google search for 'free menu scripts' there are many out there and all do a similar job.

hargranules 08:42 03 Sep 06

Thanks for that. Any help on the other points???

ade.h 14:24 03 Sep 06

Re your first query. If FP allows you to edit the code in code view (some apps only allow you to view it) then find and remove/change the parameter that is creating the bevel. I can't tell you what to look for, as I only work with XHTML/CSS now, in which such effects are created in the CSS, not in the mark-up.

PCviper 06:35 05 Sep 06

Im not sure whats meant by the label your talking about? are you talking about having a image and text around that image? if so you need to use text wrapping to merge the text with the image. And although i agree with what ade.h say's it could be much simpler by checking if the bevel button has been selected for your image in the picture toolbar. Its always worth checking it out.

Eric10 13:15 05 Sep 06

Regarding your thumbnail problem: Go to Tools, Page Options, AutoThumbnails tab and untick 'Beveled edge'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced