Frontpage 2003

STEVE71163 20:38 11 Oct 03

With the iminent release of frontpage 2003 out later this month can anyone tell me if they think it is worth upgrading from 2002 and if they do why?

Forum Editor 23:06 11 Oct 03

for some time now, and I can definitely recommend the upgrade. The new version is the best yet in my opinion - particularly if you work with sites that interact with external data sources.

STEVE71163 09:30 12 Oct 03

Thanks FE. Do you think i would be ok with an upgrade disc or would i be better off buying the full package again?

Taran 11:20 12 Oct 03

FP 2003 has far more features than any previous version, and then some.

The upgrade disk should be fine; normally the upgrade installs cause few problems and these are usuallu down to laocal issues with individual computers hardware or software configuration.

One possible consideration is cost. I've not checked the cost of a FP upgrade yet but based on the past pricing system it could well be worth buying the entire Office suite, but only if your needs justify the investment. If you only seldom use the other Office applications then this is not the way to go. Only you can answer that one.

Forum Editor 14:11 12 Oct 03

Get the upgrade version unless you have a compelling reason to do otherwise.

STEVE71163 14:16 12 Oct 03

Thanks Taran and FE,
It was just that i thought that some people say they have trouble with upgrade discs? Do you install with 2002 still their or can i uninstall 2002 and just put my 2002 code in when it asks?

Taran 18:23 12 Oct 03

The 2003 upgrade disk will have its own install key and you leave the previous version of FrontPage on your system. The upgrade disk 'sees' your previous version then replaces what it needs to to bring things up to speed.

I can't really say that I've seen any more problems with upgrade disks than I have with 'full' product installs. At the end of the day you run certain risks when installing or uninstalling anything, but to put this into perspective the problems are usually comparatively very rare and you always know where to come if they arise !

I shall be buying an upgrade disk for one of my systems and the full Office suite for others. Go with what you think you need and don't look for trouble until it comes knocking on your door.

Good luck with it.

STEVE71163 20:07 12 Oct 03

Thanks Taran,
Looking on amazon the frontpage 2003 upgrade disc comes out on the 21-10-03 and costs £80-00. I think i will place my order:0)

steven_frost 20:53 16 Oct 03

I do have a question i have office 2000 pro which comes with FP and i'm looking to upgrade to FP 2003 can i get just the upgrade or will i need to buy the full ver thanks

Forum Editor 22:17 16 Oct 03

You'll be able to upgrade.

User-312386 23:27 16 Oct 03

go for FP 2003

A lot better

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…