Frontpage 2002 Learner

Fat Cat 15:36 14 Feb 03

Could anyone suggest where I can find a good guide to producing a web site for a small business using Frontpage 2002 (I've just bought
a copy !).or some Frontpage suff I can play with.

I've been through a copy of 'Frontpage 2002 in easy steps' by Michael Price and found it OK until something didn't go quite as the book
said - because you were then on your own.

Help Anyone !!

Fat Cat

Legolas 16:15 14 Feb 03

Fat Cat I done a search for Frontpage 2002 Tutorials on google and came up with a few you might be interested in browsing

Forum Editor 16:46 14 Feb 03

will post the links next time round I'm sure - we all do it.

I've always found that books don't get me 'in' to software as fast as just playing around with it does.

What will help is if you can start building a site and just experiment. If you already have some server space with the FrontPage extensions installed it will be helpful, otherwise you could run the personal web server in Windows and download and install the free FP extensions on your own machine. That way you can see exactly how the site would perform on the internet.

€dstow 16:51 14 Feb 03

I agree with FE. There is nothing like "hands-on" experience, especially with something as complex as FP.

Use the book to get you started but you'll never beat actually doing it!

Good luck

€d

Legolas 18:27 14 Feb 03

FE I puposely did not post any "click here" links as there was so many. A search for "front page 2002 tutorials"on google threw up so many I thought it better to let Fat Cat browse them for him/her/self. I apologise if I did not make this clear in my original post.

Legolas 18:29 14 Feb 03

I also cannot spell

Fat Cat 23:50 14 Feb 03

I used the book and started doing a few things.
Software was the thing I was looking for. I've got a basic site but when I started wanting to add a discussion page I couldn't link it to my home page

Forum Editor 00:01 15 Feb 03

in a FrontPage web you'll need to hyperlink to a file called forum_toc.htm

The file may be called something else if you have renamed it, but I've given you the default name. This file is generated automatically when you set up the discussion page, and you can obvioulsy use anything as the hyperlink object - a navigation button, or a gif or a phrase, such as "click here to enter the discussion forum".

I assume you know how to set up the hyperlink, but post again if you don't.

User-312386 00:15 15 Feb 03

i have only just started using Frontpage, had it 2 weeks now

my site is click here

It takes a little time and perseverance but you will learn and once you get the knack of it you will be wondering what all the fuss was about.

I dont mean that in a bad way either

madboy33

tbh72 00:34 15 Feb 03

I have never been able to sus out Forum's, to that end I now use an external forum network54 for my forum needs. External sites such as these add much more functionality also at a reasonable cost.

What do you think FE? Is network54 ok, or can better results be achieved using home made forums?

Forum Editor 00:47 15 Feb 03

is Invision Power board, which is free if you don't mind a bit of advertising, and $99 for a copyright license - then you can use it as many times as you like, and have a nice clean look. It's a good-looking forum interface, and you have plenty of scope for customisation if you buy the $99 license.
You'll see what I mean if you
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…