FrontPage 2002 for free !

Taran 17:46 05 Sep 03

1&1 are offering Microsoft FrontPage 2002 free with every MS Shared Hosting click here and Windows Server click here package.

This is as well as the option for their normal software offer, where you only pay a token postage charge in return for the excellent NetObjects Fusion 7, PhotoImpact 8SE for imaging and loads of other web authoring and marketing goodies.

Sorry if this is a shameless advert on their behalf, but for those thinking of a hosting package where they may also benefit from some truly superb software...

Quite frankly I'm amazed.

Forum Editor 18:02 05 Sep 03

In fact I don't know how they do it. What is their hosting service like?

Taran 18:18 05 Sep 03

I have six sites with them; one out of choice. I was experimenting with them as a host and the others were inherited when I took over the sites for the companies involved.

Two are on Windows servers and the others are on Unix.

So far I have had no issues with reliability and they have delivered on all fronts.

I feel that their control panel is unnecessarily complicated and unintuitive for newcomers though, which is an opinion borne out once when demonstrating site configuration to a client who had bought a 1&1 account. His utterly baffled look after the third demonstation of the same process spoke volumes.

Their Windows hosting is wonderful for developers who integrate Access and/or ASP into their sites (it's superb for FrontPagers like me) and the Unix packages are similarly impressive for those who prefer PHP and MySQL.

I have sites with several hosts and I keep promising myself that one day I will get them all under one roof.

So far, sadly, such is not the case, and I am not necessarily saying that I would migrate them all to 1&1.

They (1&1) have however, offered sterling service for me so far though.

I don't know how they do it, but I'm not arguing the point...

T

Forum Editor 19:00 05 Sep 03

I have sites with several hosts, although most of them (as you know) are with

click here

I have no complaints at all, but it doesn't hurt to know of an alternative company - preferably by personal recommendation. I like the sound of 1&1 and may try them with a site or two.

powerless 22:06 05 Sep 03

So much for FP then WHEN I BROUGHT IT!

...and have been looking at 1&1 for many months!

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:40 05 Sep 03

and the offers are honoured, not just sales hype. Never used FP, so far been happy with NOF. May give it a try one day.

Gaz 25 23:50 05 Sep 03

I have used and still use one and one.

They are great, and support is not bad too.

spuds 11:32 06 Sep 03

I have used 1&1 for along time now, and have recommended them many times on the PCA forums.Always found them very customer friendly, with quick response time to email requests. They have a very good range of package deals to offer, usually with free software features.No I have no connection with 1&1, except as a boni fide satisfied customer, who agrees with Taran's posting.

Taran 10:37 08 Sep 03

I'll tick this as resolved, just to tidy up a bit.

murgle 19:33 02 Nov 03

I have had an eshop and Website with them for 2 years. No probs.

JGG 20:08 02 Nov 03

Just popped in to say thanks for pointing this offer out - I read through an earlier post where it was recommended and have since subscribed! I have wanted to have a go at setting up a site for some time and this has really helped me. I am waiting for the software to arrive but have had a play with the web creator.. the result is pleasing to me as a complete novice! .. lots more to learn.. click here is the url

Thanks again folks,

Jeff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…