Frontpage 2000 and XP?

puppetmaster 22:40 19 Aug 04

Two questions for experienced users of Frontpage 2000.

1) Will this software work okay with Windows XP (service pack 1)?

2) I have Frontpage 2003 (on another machine) and find that when I come to edit the pages created with FP 2000, the hover buttons appear normal. But in preview mode they do not appear. Does anyone know how to rectify this?

Thanks.

Taran 22:47 19 Aug 04

Yes, FrontPage 2000 works perfectly on Windows XP.

Hyperlinks in general don't work in Preview mode in FrontPage.

I don't have a FP2000 site with hover buttons handy to play with at present, but you could try a local publish or publish to a subweb of your main web on the web server your account is hosted on to see whether things are working properly.

FP2003 does have the ability to edit hover buttons on pages created with older versions of the program though.

If you aren't in a hurry I should be able to offer a more definitive answer on Monday, or someone with more time than I currently have available may step in and help in the meantime.

Basra 23:22 19 Aug 04

If you click on the (view in browser button) on the tool bar at the top of the screen you will see that they are there! It will ask you if you want to save your changes when you click on it-click yes.

It will not show them in the preview mode though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…