Frontpage

laneyxx 00:27 10 May 04

I've made a site for a friend of mine and used a .gif as a background for all the pages. On some computers, not mine though, this image seems to be "tiled". You can see the top of the image repeated again at the bottom of the page.
Is there a way of stopping this?
I use frontpage 2002.
Thanks.

Djohn 01:39 10 May 04

Don't have the answer for you but I think you will get a quick result if you re-post the question in the web design forum.

Regards. j.

laneyxx 10:58 10 May 04

Yes. Sorry, I didn't see that forum.

Analyst02 11:29 10 May 04

i use dreamweaver and it does the same. infact any software will do it if the image that is being used is smaller than the area it is being asked to cover. It has to do it cant do anything else! if it was to 'stretch' the image then the image would become pixelated which of course is no use to anyone.
The only way around this as far as i can see is to use a larger image for your background obviously optimised for web use or it would take an age to load.

Analyst02 11:47 10 May 04

Sorry just read your post again.

I wonder if it comes down to resolution/screen settings on their Pc'S???

Kindly let me know what answer you get from Web Design forum.

thanks

Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…