Front USB Ports

GerrieC 19:27 22 May 03

Can anyone advise me where I can obtain a Two Port front USB connector, the two ports terminate in a nine pin socket/plug.

Any help will be much appreciated.

keith-236785 19:35 22 May 03

i bought two such connectors but for the life of me i cant remember where from. i do know they were from an advert in Micromart click here , they were quite expensive when postage was added, these were to fit a Macase tower which had the opening for two usb ports, i have now scrapped that idea and have a four port adapter which fits in a 5.25" slot (cd rom size) it was £13 from a computer fair. hope this might help

Gongoozler 19:48 22 May 03

This useful device from Ebuyer click here fits into a spare front panel bay, and has a dual USB socket on it. At £8.18 it is also probably the cheapest way to buy the plug/socket even if you don't want the panel. Be aware though that there is not a single standard for the motherboard pin allocation. You will also find the postage expensive if this is the only item you order.

Rtus 19:50 22 May 03

maplins electronics click here

snoresloudly 20:29 22 May 03

I have a microsoft keyboard with 2 usb ports built in, comes in handy for the mouse and the digi cam!, unfortunatly will not power the printer, otherwise as rtus says Maplins!!

MIke 20:33 22 May 03

I bought a useful adaptor from Maplins, a few months ago, it converts a 5.25" bay into a 3.5" bay and also has two front mounted usb ports. I was ideal for adding ports to my pc and acting as an adaptor for my internal zip drive. I can't see it on their website at the moment, but I bought it from one of their shops it was about £11 if I remember correctly. Ithad two leads coming from the usb ports one with five connectors the other with four for attaching to the front usb header pins on the mobo...(PC chips 810lmr)

MIke 20:35 22 May 03

Just followed gongoozler's link, that's the item I bought at Maplins!!

GerrieC 13:26 23 May 03

Thanks ALL for your responses.

keith-236785 17:48 23 May 03

my usb adapter is one that connects to a free usb port on the rear of the case, Mikes i think is the answer you are looking for, hope you now have your answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…