Front USB ports

Kudu 14:14 08 Mar 03

On my new case i have 2 usb ports with four wires red,white,green and blue coming from each.I wired up one port to the motherboard ok but the wires on the other had all the small black plastic (marked) connectors on the wrong wires so i have connected them to mobo using the wire colours as a guide.

Any way of checking ports without burning something out as the assembler may have been having a bad day and connected the wires to the usb sockets as per the marked connectors and not cable colour.

bremner 14:17 08 Mar 03

Take a look at this thread from last week click here it deals pretty much with your query.

fishmad pete 14:23 08 Mar 03

I think you are incorrect in changing the wires around. On my motherboard one plug fits one way and the other is connected the other way round.It all depends on your motherboard connections. As a quide I suggest you go to click here and see if that page helps.

Kudu 14:30 08 Mar 03

I read this thread and it's not covering same point.I have a manufacturers mistake with wiring and am worried about plugging anything in to usb ports.

pj123 14:46 08 Mar 03

Read this thread posted yesterday 07/03/03
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…