Front Usb Ports

WaiKent 13:09 27 Oct 03

hi, i have recently bought a midi tower case and with it cam two front usb2 ports and sound and mic ports on a circuit board. there were wires leading from them and i was wondering where i plug them into on the motherboard. there are plugs that say ground and stuff like that. three pieces covered in a grey insulation cable, with wires feeding from it.wires multicoloured. erm hope this makes sense.

alan 2273 13:17 27 Oct 03

Try thisclick here

Simon_P 13:40 27 Oct 03

Hope you dont mind
Just thought it would be useful for reference.

Thanks

pj123 14:20 27 Oct 03

Email me and I will send you a Front USB Connection Chart.

pj123 17:34 27 Oct 03

Have emailed you the connection chart. If it works please respond to this thread and close it. Thanks.

SimianBenzoate 18:49 27 Oct 03

i had a similar question click here

WaiKent 20:04 27 Oct 03

thanks, i havent recieved my mobo yet so i will tell you if it works when i get it in a few days.

DieSse 21:49 27 Oct 03

You can only use the connection schematic that comes with the motherboard - use any other, and it might not work - worse, could damage the motherboard.

There is NO - repeat NO standard for the pinouts on these headers on motherboards. There will a diagram that shows you what it is for your particular motherboard.

pj123 11:35 28 Oct 03

DieSse what you say is true but I have done many connections to front USBs and have found the PC Case should have a diagram with the cables marked V1 V2 D1- D2- D1+ D2+ G1 and G2. The motherboard (if it supports front connections) should also have a diagram with the same readouts. The cables are normally coloured red, yellow, green and black as well, although I have found on two cases the it is red, white, green and black.

DieSse 12:16 28 Oct 03

Sorry - I wasn't trying to criticise your advice about the actual cables on the case - yes, I've done many and they're all generally marked the same way, as you describe -

- it was just a warning about the motherboard end, having seen many different layouts.

pj123 13:31 28 Oct 03

DieSse, not taken as a critisism but what we must emphasise to WaiKent is the new motherboard he/she is getting must support front USB ports in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…