Front usb connections

Raj2002 02:10 11 Jul 03

Hi i've recently changed Pc cases and have two front usb ports on the new case. I needs some advice on how to connect these up. They have interface cable attached to them. The connections show VCC usb+ usb- gnd and an individual gnd. But my board only has one usb pin set up on the board for connectiing extra usb ports at the rear of the case. How can i use the front instead of the rear. Board i've got is Asus k7.

Cheers Raj.

hugh-265156 02:20 11 Jul 03

i had the same problem when i changed my case.your motherboard manual should show you the connections.

As a very general rule of thumb, the wires should be Red, white, green and black as seen from left to right. There can sometimes be a black wire marked "Shield" and can safely be ignored or attached to the last pin which is a single pin rather than being a pair.

I have not ever had any problems with which one of the pairs of wires goes on the top or bottom row of pins and so have either been lucky or it doesnt matter.

DieSse 10:09 11 Jul 03

VCC ≡ 5V

usb+ ≡ data+ or data1+

usb- ≡ data- or data1-

Gnd ≡ Ground

In your manual there will be a diagram of any available headers that you may connect to. If the only avalable header is in use for extra rear connections, then you will have to choose one or the other.

Raj2002 10:55 11 Jul 03

Thank you all for your advice, have sorted out now. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…