Front USb Confusion

dumb_haddik 19:10 27 Jun 06

With my new AsRock motherboard and case, i have front usb ports, yet the labelling on the connectors on the front usb ports seem to be different to the labelling detailed in the asrock setup manual.

Your help is graetly appreciated
Any iDEAS?

ade.h 19:32 27 Jun 06

Some clarification is needed: do you mean that the pins appear to be in the wrong order? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

If the pins are in a different layout, they can be changed with care, dexterity and good planning! There are few layouts, two of the most common being the Intel reference and Gigabyte-derived layouts.

I can provide more info (or you can Google for USB header layouts) if this I'm on the right lines.

ade.h 19:33 27 Jun 06

Lost the use of English a little bit at the end there!

ade.h 23:21 29 Jun 06

?

dumb_haddik 20:55 01 Jul 06

What i am trying to say is that the markings on the connectors from the USB are different to the markings on the example pins in the manual.

ie. i cant find the correctly labelled pin to plug the connector(s) into, and i dont want to risk breaking something

Sparkly 11:25 02 Jul 06

Hi dumb_haddik i send tese to you via email i'll post them here again incase it went to your junk folder. click here
click here
hope this helps.

DieSse 15:33 02 Jul 06

What are the markings?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…