Front speaker LED connector

kool.kev 21:14 05 Jul 06

I,ve just started to build a new media pc and have chosen a thermalrock case with front panel speaker LED. The problem being when i went to install the motherboard i had no speaker connection. Any ideas how i can power the LED's thew motherboard is a ECS 945g-m3.

howard63 21:23 05 Jul 06

if you have a separate sound card these often have connections on them other than for the cd audio cable - you may have to extend the wires. If built in sound again there may be a connection but you would have to examine the mobo with a magnifying glass to find it.

kool.kev 21:29 05 Jul 06

I have just had a close look at all the connectors but not found a speaker connector. It is on board audio but might consider installing a sound card to solve issue.

kool.kev 21:34 05 Jul 06

Any ideas what soundcards come with the speaker port onboard.

DieSse 22:58 05 Jul 06

Front panel speaker LED? - What is it meant to display?

I can't imagine it's related to a chassis speaker (which on your board is on the motherboard itself) - so what does the manual for the case say about it?

kool.kev 08:34 06 Jul 06

The manual just lists it as an audio display you link it to the audio out on the motherboard. It just says link to the speaker connection on motherboard in manual

xania 08:54 06 Jul 06

I had the ssame problem on a recent purchase - then found that the mobo had a speaker hard-wired to it. If you get the normal beeps when you switch on, forget it.

DieSse 15:11 06 Jul 06

Personally I would ignore it - if it can only give you a representation of the "beeps" that a motherboard makes, it's not a lot of use anyway.

Perhaps it's meant as a replacement for the "beeps", as the box os designed to be used in "living space" rather than "office space"

You'll just have to put up with "beeps"

kool.kev 22:52 06 Jul 06

The case is meant for a living space its going just below my LCD tv. I'm just hoping that the beeps volume isn't too loud. Fingers crossed i was more worried about fans making too much noise not the motherboard. Anyway just waiting for my CPU then i'm away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…