Front pc case audio connection on mobo - how?

QinesiQ 05:34 09 Jan 08

Hi
I have been trying to get the front panel microphone and audio jack to work (its unplugged which is why it will not work!) on my partners Coolermaster Centurion case. He has a Gigabyte mobo (GA-K8NXP-SLI) and I followed the destructions in the manual – on page 26 it says:
“F_AUDIO (Front Audio Panel Connector)
If you want to use Front Audio connector, you must remove 5-6, 9-10 Jumper.
In order to utilize the front audio header, your chassis must have front audio connector. Also please make sure the pin assigment on the cable is the same as the pin assigment on the MB header. To find out if the chassis you are buying support front audio connector, please contact your dealer. Please note, you can have the alternative of using front audio connector or of using rear audio connector to play sound.”

I tried. The front sockets did not work and I had no sound coming from the monitor when plugged into the rear audio socket. I unplugged the front audio and still no monitor sound so I replaced the jumpers and the monitor sound returned.

Any ideas as to how to get the front panel sockets working *and* have the rear audio working too? There is nothing in the Coolermaster manual to help me.

Thanks

QinesiQ 05:44 09 Jan 08

Pin No. Definition
1 MIC
2 GND
3 MIC_BIAS
4 Power
5 Front Audio (R)
6 Rear Audio (R)/ Return R
7 NC
8 No Pin
9 Front Audio (L)
10 Rear Audio (L)/ Return L

QinesiQ 06:01 09 Jan 08

Hmm I have been doing a bit more research and it might seem that I should have tweeked some software settings in Realtek to enable 3 different audio streams simultaneously.

I'll keep plodding.

QinesiQ 06:03 09 Jan 08

and by 3 i mean 2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant