Front panels for DVD drive

Jonathon J-189322 22:30 07 Aug 06

Does anybody know where I can buy replacement fronts for DVD drives, as my LG GSA 4167B is beige, but I'm building a computer in a black case and would like to use this drive inside it??

I contacted LG themselves but to no avail. I really like the drive and would like to keep it!! :-)

Please help!!

Cheers

woodchip 22:46 07 Aug 06

Can only find things like click here

You may find a DVD drive on Ebay with a black front

goonerbill © ® 22:48 07 Aug 06

your best option would be to paint it. buy a can of spray paint that matches your case, gently sand the area you want to paint, use a primer/undercoat and then paint it the colour you want (car paints are usually best) and if you want to use either a matt or gloss varnish (to match the cases finish) for extra protection to the paint.

SG Atlantis® 23:02 07 Aug 06

as far as I remember they were just beige or silver...

Unless you're sentimentally attached to it replace for less than £30.

radi8or 07:34 08 Aug 06

Hi godders1984,

You don't say what case you are using, but if it's a Lian-li
click here scroll to bottom they have a black stealth bezel, basically it's a bezel with a sprung loaded flap that gets pushed by the tray as it comes out, if not a Lian maybe you could mod it to fit or Google-stealth bezels- for your case.

Regards Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…