Front Panel Setup

twin 11:38 10 Nov 04

Can some one please help me. I have the Ga-6wmm7
Gigabite motherboard. I got it without the user manual.Does anyone know how to set up the front panel.On the Gigabite website the Manuals dont match the board.I did find a site that has the correct Front panel Connector layout but the i dont understand the wording. The website for the correct Front panel Connector 2x8 pin header (- 1 key) is here. click here I would be grateful if you
you could decipher this for me.

Many Thanks

woodchip 11:57 10 Nov 04

If you are on about the power and Hdd they look fairly clear to me PWR is power, Reset and Grd for reset. HD go together The Power is on the apposite side to Hard Drive led, it says blink that’s the Hard Drive led

twin 12:40 10 Nov 04

Thanks woodchip. I am still in the dark.
my front panel wires are labelled

HDD.LED It has 2 connectors
POWER SW Also 2 connectors
RESET SW Also
+PLED 1 Connector
-PLED 1 Connector

If you could tell me which goes where would be
fantastic

Micro-Man 13:16 10 Nov 04

In general, hard disc led's tend to be green and white wires on a 3 way connector whilst power led tend to be red and white on a two pin connector. If they don't work when plugged in just reverse the plugs as they are not indexed and don't seem to suffer from being reversed.

Sadly, they often go onto a 20 way (2x10) header which does not stick to any standard. Other connections are reset switch (2 way connector), speaker - red and black (4 way connector) and power switch (2 way connector).

twin 13:50 10 Nov 04

I have power. I put the POWER SW on
FPBUT/GND.

woodchip 18:09 10 Nov 04

The two pins that say Blink are for the HDD plug the pins on the apposite side HDA and HD PWR are Power plug top two pins. reset is the next two pins to the power plug

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…