front panel leds

BREEN 12:22 14 Feb 04

I upgraded my mobo and processor.I think I connected my front panel to the mobo wrongly now the lights on the front panel wont come on and I have to unplug the machine at the wall to restart it.

Have I blown the leds:?

Is the mobo damaged ?

Is there any answer to the problems.

Rayuk 14:39 14 Feb 04

Reconnect the case wires to the motherboard.

hugh-265156 14:56 14 Feb 04

the + - may just be connected the wrong way round.if so they wont work.i have done this myself a few times.

swap the + - around.

doubt any damage will have been caused.

hugh-265156 14:58 14 Feb 04

ps.your mobo manual will show the layout of the pins for reset,pwr and led connectors.

if you dont have one look closely at the board,it may be printed on it.

Rennaissance 14:59 14 Feb 04

my power one is blown, as i tried all different combinations to no avail. That may be whats happened to yours.

BREEN 15:41 15 Feb 04

I have swapped the lead round. Unfortunatley idiot that I am the first time I connected the wires I connected two + together.Still unclear havw I damaged my mobo..Is there any way of replacing the leds if they are damaged.

Rennaissance 21:23 15 Feb 04

Hello, BREEN please post replies here and do not email us questions. Yes i can still switch my machine on ad off. It was the LED that was kaput. You should be able to replace them, but that would be a little tricky. I would just buy a new case and rewire it, if the Leds bother you. I only really need the hard drive led anyway.

After getting a bit of a PC modding bug i changed my HD LED. Cut the wire and found an old LED hodler that came off an old machine and it all has gone in fine...

Look on click here and they have a range of LED colour's

BREEN 11:18 16 Feb 04

Rennaissance

Thanx for the info.

Sorry about the direct email.

hugh-265156 11:38 16 Feb 04

you can also pick them up in various colours from maplins click here click "computers/case accessories"

check the voltages of led though.guide to fitting click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…