Front panel connection colour codes

gourmand 19:25 12 Aug 08

Hi, I am replacing a motherboard in a Packard Bell pc. Does anyone know what the colour codes are please. It has black and white which are the power off/on , blue and green which it says are Power/Sleep/message waiting LED And yellow and brown which are the hard drive led. but the instructions give no indication of which is + or -. This is clear however on the biostar mobo I am replacing it with.
Your help would be appreciated

jack 19:30 12 Aug 08

minute print perhaps
I suspect in prectice it matter not in terms of 'breaking' anything-
A look on the makers website may be a help

DieSse 19:31 12 Aug 08

You can put switch connections either way round.

If you get LED connections wrong they don't work - so change the round - no damage will be caused.

martjc 19:37 12 Aug 08

...but if you do work out the polarity on the LEDs, remember they MUST be connected pos to neg to work, i.e., connect em back to front.

woodchip 22:51 12 Aug 08

Power off/on can go any way round. it does not matter it will still work as can the restart connection the only ones that are +/- is for led's as if you get them the wrong way round for the hard drive led or power led, they just do not work so switch them round

gourmand 22:58 12 Aug 08

Many thanks one and all, that is clear now, does anyone know where you can purchase header connectors as in click here
I can only find suppliers in the US consequently the minimum order is approx £20 as I only need a few , seems a bit extreme.

woodchip 23:03 12 Aug 08

If you go to the local dump you will get some free of a old computer

gourmand 23:10 12 Aug 08

Fair comment, thanks again everyone

woodchip 23:12 12 Aug 08

Hope you find some

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…