Front Page problem.

bluto1 14:42 08 Oct 07

I hope I can explain this properly.
Recently, after booting up, I noticed that my Front Page (Virgin) was elongated so much that the 'Search' button at the end of where I enter addresses into Google was way off the screen, so that I'd make my entry, then go to the bar at the bottom of the screen and move my picture horizontally to bring the Search botton into view.
I've tried System Restore to no avail.
Is there a way around this please?

birdface 15:02 08 Oct 07

You are not alone.I have the same problem and I am also with Virgin.Now if we wait for them to fix it,it could take a couple of months.I have not tried another home page yet to see if it will be the same or not.

birdface 15:11 08 Oct 07

Yes,it only happens with Virgin home page.But I will let you spend a couple of hours on the phone to them.I usually find that they either take a long time to answer,Or you can't understand some of them if they do.Best of luck.

brundle 15:21 08 Oct 07

Are you using a screen resolution of 800x600? They seem to have designed the page with people running at 1024x768 in mind. Not very good practice. Remember though that you don't actually have to click Search, just press Return after you've typed your search term.

bluto1 18:53 08 Oct 07

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies. I've had a go at changing settings and things but any alteration is unacceptably small.
Buteman, No, I don't think I want my phone bill to equal Virgin's wage bill. I'll send an e-mail.It's nice to have information in writing.
Brundle, Thanks, I'd forgotten that about Return.
Anyway, I'll get the e-mail off and hopefully have an answer by the weekend. Cheers for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced