front page extension error

vinnyo123 22:33 22 Mar 04

I am having a compaitable problem with my server win2k sp4 and frontpage 2002 ver.10.6 sp3 server extensions here is the error

---------------------------
Microsoft Server Extensions
The server administration programs and the server extensions on the web server are not compatible. The administration program is too old to use with this server.

OK
I tried downloading upadte FP extensions but no luck .Maybe some one can give me a quick fix so I can move on ...thanks

Forum Editor 01:39 23 Mar 04

is commonly associated with Microsoft Share Point Administrator.

Try this (but don't hold your breath)

1.Click Start, and then click Run.

2.In the box, type: mmc, and then click OK.

3.On the Console menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.

4. Click Add.

5. Click Internet Information Services, and then click Add.

6. Click Close, and then click OK.

7. In the console tree, expand Internet Information Server, and then expand the computer icon.

8. Right-click Default Web Site, click All Tasks, and then click Check Server Extensions.

9. On the File menu, click Save, and then quit MMC

vinnyo123 21:58 23 Mar 04

seems like I got it to work with one site through star>run>mmc>then clicked check extensions.(Is this the right way to manage sites,make a mmc-consol for each one)

But seems to be updated on only one site.(I updated extensions)one site has 5.o.2 ext. and the other two have 4.0.2 ext. still working on that.

Just one more question please do I need the default web site or the administrator site.Can I get rid off them and just add more sites through PC ICON

thanks

vinnyo123 15:41 09 Apr 04

Still cannot sort this out. Frontpage EXT. nightmare!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…