Front audio panel

Rayspan 08:47 04 Oct 05

I would like to use a spare bay to mount a set of front audio connectors, so I can plug in a headset and over-ride the rear speaker connections.
Maplins are the only source I can find, but their offering has USB & 1394 ports as well, which I don't need - and it's a bit pricy.

Can anyone point me to a source?

Yoda Knight 09:53 04 Oct 05

I know Creative make something similar, but u'd have to troll their website for it (and I imagine it would cost an arm and both legs, but u neva know...)

bruno 09:56 04 Oct 05

You can achieve what you want by using a splitter on your sound card output and plugging in your speakers and loudspeakers to it .Then turn off your speakers when you do not want to hear them.I rigged this up for when my grandchildren want to play their noisy games.My Mate bought a Belkin splitter from Comet last week for under a fiver,but I got a Y shaped one from somewhere for about £2.

Stuartli 10:11 04 Oct 05

I've mentioned several times that I use a double 3.5mm jack plug adapter to house both my headset and speakers connections from the soundcard's speakers output.

See:

click here

One recent thread on the subject:

click here

scotty 10:37 04 Oct 05

Try this company click here

Rayspan 13:13 04 Oct 05

Thanks everyone - they're all good ideas, but I went for yours Scotty - half Maplin's price - must be good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…