Fronpage error - submitting a form

Baranth 22:15 15 Feb 05

I manage a website which is created with Frontpage, I have included a form page which was working fine but the last few days when form is submitted it returns a page 'FrontPage Error' see the web server's application event log for more details. I have checked the mailto function, I have recalculated hyperlinks. Has anyone any suggestion before I lose my sanity.

Forum Editor 23:01 15 Feb 05

for any length of time you get to know its little quirks and foibles, and this is one of them.

I can't be absolutely sure, but I think you'll find that the FrontPage server extensions have glitched. When that happens the way to sort things out is to disable the extensions, re-enable them, and then republish the site. Almost invariably that will resolve the problem.

Many web-hosts provide a control panel on which you can disable and enable the FP extensions - otherwise you'll have to ask the host to do it for you. Doing the disable/enable will stop the web site from working, so don't forget to republish. If you have a discussion forum on the site it will almost certainly be out of sync with your local saved copy, so make sure that before you re-enable and republish you FTP into the server and transfer the forum message files to your site copy.

Baranth 18:43 16 Feb 05

Thanks for this advise, my site is hosted by CanHost. I cannot find any facility to disable and enable FP extensions. I will e-mail my hosting support site for thier assistance.

Thanks for your prompt responce

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…