Friends internet problem... Plz help.

fourjays 13:07 04 Jan 05

Hi,
My sister's boyfriend in Holland, has a computer problem. When he connects to the internet, he gets loads of pop-ups, and things like MSN7 beta won't launch, and the computer crashes a lot.

That is all the info I have so far, as it has been conveyed by text messaging, so any help would be nice.
Thanks.

ACOLYTE 13:24 04 Jan 05

First things is a virus scan then a spyware scan
and then see where we are after.I would tell him to uninstall msn7 this could be the point for popups.Then the OS type he is using and a scan disk/file check may help might help.

JIM 13:45 04 Jan 05

I go along with ACOLYTE thinking on your friends problem and make sure for starters MNS7 Beta is uninstalled.Many have no trouble with it but others do have comments like below.

"I have given up on it after a week of being unable to access msn, it was going fine, then just wouldn't let me sign in."

Check, clean,and scan the system.I am sure you know what programs to use,make sure IE security and the OS is stable and if problems are still around ask your friend to note them down and let the forum know.

fourjays 13:48 04 Jan 05

He is using XP home, I know that much. Ill find out if he is using IE or Firefox...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…