friend wants xp laptop to edit photos+surf! help?

buel 11:31 27 Jul 09

Hi, my friend wants some reccommendations on which laptop to buy! He is 69yrs old and is familiar-ish with XP so it not willing to go with Vista or W7. please can anyone reccomend any xp laptops/sites for him bearing in mind that he will eventually want to edit photos as photography is a hobby of his! Please help if you can, he wants to spend around £450! Thank you!

T I M B O 15:13 27 Jul 09

Getting good lap tops nowerdays with xp is not easy. Probbaly best to look for a new lap top that has vista, then ask if that vista can be upgraded to xp. The reason for that being is that the lap top needs drivers to work both with vista as well as xp.

xania 15:16 27 Jul 09

I've boughta couple of desktop PC's for my clients from click here and XP is an option. I've also seen laptops with XP:

click here
click here

or type <Buy a new laptop with Windows XP> into your favourite serch engine. There are still loads of them around.

buel 19:24 27 Jul 09

Any more answers please?

buel 20:54 27 Jul 09

Hi, i have an idea which of these laptops are good but please could someone give me their opinion on which one they think is best:

click here

Stuartli 21:10 27 Jul 09

BigPockets does quite a lot of laptops (new/refurbished) from Dell and other makes which come with XP Pro and are very keenly priced indeed. See:

click here

Some may prove of interest.

buel 21:15 27 Jul 09

Hi, thanks for that but they seem a bit on the cheap end for my friend who wants a laptop to edit his photos, if you see what i mean?

Technotiger 21:31 27 Jul 09

A good selection here, from an excellent and well known firm ... click here

Plus, they will supply XP if requested to.

buel 21:41 27 Jul 09

Great, thank you!
So would you say this one from Novatech:
click here

is better than this one from Acer:
click here

Technotiger 21:51 27 Jul 09

I would go for this one from your first link (Novatech) X16 GT Pro, I reckon it is worth the extra few quid.

Stuartli 23:14 27 Jul 09

Hardly a tough task compared with video...:-)

I was using a Socket 370 Celeron 400MHz based system when I first acquired a digital camera about seven years ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…