Friend has Trojan

gudda96 17:52 08 May 06

Friend has trojan.vundo, any ideas on removal please.

he has xp pro and uses Norton.

I have convinced him (right or wrongly) to remove Norton and replace with AVG, should he remove Norton before curing Trojan problem and before installing AVG.

Totally-braindead 17:54 08 May 06
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 08 May 06

click here

remove trojan before changing AV prog.

mentalguy66 18:32 08 May 06

download avast! virus cleaner >>> click here

skidzy 23:03 08 May 06

This sounds like you friend may have downloaded Winfixer,this is known to be a is important to find out if he has downloaded Winfixer.

If im correct that he has downloaded this,you will need to follow this fix to the letter.
click here

The trogan Vundo is a variant of Winfixer ,i may be wrong and stand to be please check first before trying to delete the trogan.

As Totally-braindead and Fruit Bat /\0/\ have pointed you to the removal of should follow there expert advice if Winfixer does not exist on the system.

Good luck

gudda96 09:04 09 May 06

I was always told that an antivirus like Avast/Avg will/cannot get rid of a trojan.

You need a "remover" like suggested or maybe A2

i am not sure about this of course.

mentalguy66 18:19 20 May 06

avast! virus cleaner is known by Computer Shopper as a rubbish anti-virus, but it is infact quite good. the link i gave in my previous post was incorrect, click here for virus cleaner. also click here for Sophos anti-virus, search for trogan.vundo, and download the removal tool.

mentalguy66 18:23 20 May 06

vundo is an alias of: Trog/Agent-DO (Named by Sophos, click here) Avast! CAN remove this virus, but i'm not sure about AVG Free.

anthony-191891 18:28 20 May 06

Download ewido it specializes in trojan removal and its free click here

gudda96 18:55 20 May 06

Thanks guys, will pass all on.

I myself have been getting whole page adverts lately, especially about gambling, any ideas please

mentalguy66 20:50 14 Jul 06

download spybot search & destroy (, or lavasoft adaware se personal (

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…