freware publishing prog that recognise .pub files?

Davee75 17:15 08 May 06

anyone know of any software i can download that can edit publisher files. I have a small magazine to write one issue of but the template is in publisher and im not going to buy it for just this one issue. I know that pageplus se looks the business but no mention of file compatibility.

Skills 17:30 08 May 06

Having a quick look around it seems your not in much luck and that you need publisher to open pub files.

Not much I can suggest really as you say pageplus is out there but you'd have to start from scratch.

Wak 19:43 08 May 06

Hi Davee, I have a program called Print Perfect Gold which recognises .PUB files.
It came on a PC Advisor CD with issue 88 dated Jan 2003.
I see you can also get it from Tesco.
click here*43%7CUnder%20%C2%A312
Hope this helps.

Davee75 08:18 09 May 06

Thanks people i shall look into Print perfect gold.

Bagsey 10:45 09 May 06

I think you should look at OPEN OFFICE. I believe that it is the same as Star office which has a Publisher prog in it. At least it did in the version we Beta tested through this forum a couple of years or so ago. I found that I could read and write publisher files with no trouble using it.

Davee75 11:32 09 May 06

thats interesting because i have open office on my home computer (a great program by the way) but i couldn't get it to open the .pub file.

Bagsey 14:26 09 May 06

I think that you are right. I have been delving through the documents etc that I got with Star Office and can find no reference to DTP. I must have got my knickers in a knot. Not unusual these days. Age related memory glitches. Sorry about that.

Wak 15:02 09 May 06

I have sent you an e-mail regarding Print Perfect Gold.
Hope you don't mnd.

kat64 11:48 12 Dec 06

Hi,
I have designed an Advert for a local Magazine using Publisher 2003,I sent it to a colleague for his approval but he cannot open it because he has Publisher 2000 version.
Is there a simple way for him to open a 2003 file using 2000.
Kind regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…