Fresh Install - How do i stop the ads on web sites

Thomo1 23:40 05 Dec 05

Just freshly installed my copy of windows and have NIS 2005. Have done this 3 times before with NIS and a fresh install but now cant for the life of me remember how to stop the flashing ads on web sites from showing.

Blocking pop-ups in Internet Options is checked.

Anybody with NIS or has a knowledge of NIS05 know how to stop these highly annoying ads.

They are not pop-ups just flashing ads!

Have stopped them for the last year or so but how - memory loss.

GaT7 00:00 06 Dec 05

See click here. G

MAJ 00:48 06 Dec 05

I can't understand why anyone would knowingly install the resource hog NIS, but to stop the ads you could use you could download a new Hosts file, Thomo1, and if you're using Internet Explorer, IE-Spyad as well. click here

click here

Thomo1 12:49 06 Dec 05

Thanks Crossbow7 i didnt even think to check the symantec web site!!!! **egg on face**

MAJ - i use NIS becuz i have never had any problems from it andit keeps my system safe. The day it starts to let me down i will brush it aside and go to something else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…